PHOTO OF THE DAY..

PHOTO OF THE DAY..
Baby Lily

Friday, April 15, 2011

And the De-construction began...

started the removal of the siding..

removal of the base boards..

added new insulation and plywood..and it is raining

front ready for typar house wrap..:)
Rear-same process

This was a cold day..had to rebuild this entire wall as the base posts were rotten

got to move the terrace door over some to make room for a larger pantry in the kitchen when we get to that project..haha

starting to take apart the couryard

Adding new support posts and beam in the kitchen..
The de-construction on the house began on August 21st of last summer..not the nicest of days..it actually started to rain before we got the front wall closed in. All in all, it was long, dirty tiresome work that I honestly can say I never want to go thru again. All my artwork was put on hold for how could one be artistically creative or see beauty while living in such chaotic conditions. The outside work took to December-one week before the snow actually started to fall here. It was a welcome site I can say for sure, to see that last long go on! With only a small break, we started the interior logs one week before Christmas(what was I thinking???) 4 months later, we are working on the 5th and second last interior wall. Can you say 'had enough'? But I know thru all of this, it will be so worth it in the end. Just the road getting from point A to point B has not been joyous...it has been enlightening? to see how all those closet handymen went about doing what they believed to be fixes or improvements...haha. With that said, here is a photo catalog of the exterior process for you to enjoy...:) More pics loaded of the process tomorrow..:)

1 comment:

  1. Certainly no small feat ! What a renovation job, you are indeed a very brave soul. :) I become hysterical after just a month or two of enduring a kitchen remodeling. lol


    Want to say thank you and how lovely it is to have you as a follower (I am now following your wonderful blog too). I'm sorry I didn't get over here sooner but Google blogspot was giving me trouble...I could not see or access my followers. :(

    But yea, I finally found the problem. My old Internet Explorer browser was too old and Google decided to stop using my old version. So anyone with anything older than IE8 had problems seeing their followers, I had to download an updated version...just a forewarning, I am not computer savvy at all, half-way through the download my hubby had to come and take over. The good news is it took care of the problem.

    ReplyDelete