PHOTO OF THE DAY..

PHOTO OF THE DAY..
Baby Lily

Monday, May 4, 2009

Some of my favourite Spring Birds!



Where did the time go? I cant believe I let 4 days go without writing here...not a lot new but some. Our spring birds are starting to arrive! THAT is always a highlight here come spring. This year is the earliest I have seen them. Friday a yellow Warbler appeared, Saturday the Baltimore Orioles and yesturday I spotted the Red Breasted Grosebeak.


No hummers as of yet but I have all the feeders out just waiting for them! This is the Indigo Bunting. One of the richest of blues I have spotted in a bird. My very first glimpse of one I thought my eyes were playing a trick. Indeed one for everyone to see as it is true eye candy!

And of course, some of my winter favourites still remain with us. Being out here we have very little traffic and one of my favourite things to do is sit out with a coffee and just listen to the chorus of song each kind of bird sings. Simply one of the best things to hear!


And this pic has been posted for Melody..:) Spotted in the pond out back..





2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so touched! Thank you. :)I do believe these two are in love, no? Your bird pics are WONDERFUL! Even your feeders are charming. I am hoping the Indigo Bunting who came to visit last year returns. What a joy. You're right, its like the color is unreal! When we lived in Texas, a Painted Bunting often cam to my feeders. Now that was some color! Thanks for sharing your pics with us.
    ~Melody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about a touch of spring! So beautiful. We have many of those here in Texas but not all. The Indigo Buntings are such a dash of color. Once we had a Painted Bunting...ohhhh...breath taker away!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete